Welcome to Actors Guild of Nigeria(AGN), Ondo State Chapter, the association saddled with the responsibility of regulating the business and practice of the profession of acting in Nigeria, otherwise known as Nollywood. This is where the journey to stardom begins for everyone with the passion and skill sets in any branch of the film production value chain. The Ondo State chapter was recently inaugurated on the 30th of November in the presence of the media by the National President, Emeka Rollas and his entourage, including;
- - Frank Dallas(National P.R.O)
- - Saint Maradona(National Treasurer)
- - Hon. Desmond Elliot
- - Hakeem Rahman
- - Dayo Amusa
- - Tayo Odueke(Sikiratu Sindodo)
Therefore, the state chapter is now poised to reposition the art and act in Ondo state by providing responsive and responsible leadership that prioritizes actor's welfare, besides myriads of useful opportunities for all members. These opportunities includes but not limited to;
- - Enabling environment for Nigerian and International Producers to shoot films within the state, thereby making acting roles available within.
- Regulation of actors fees to ensure no one is under remunerated by producers.
- - Provision of health insurance as captured in the national identity card scheme of AGN.
- - Production of movies, TV series and soaps to ensure resident actors are very well enga.
- - Sourcing for roles for members via comprehensive database profiling of registered actors on association's website.
- - Organization of conferences, seminars, tours to equip, train and re-train members on the business of film and its entire value chain.
As earlier stated, this is the platform where the journey to stardom begins for all who are passionate and skilled. Furthermore, it will be a journey to profitable stardom as the body will on a continuous basis, ensure that the welfare of actors, is not jeopardized with prompt sanctioning of all errant producers/production. To this end, the body is swinging to action, through the office of its chief whip, to ensure film production in Ondo State will only be permitted to be carried out, if it meets the following requirements;
Notifies AGN, ONDO STATE before commencement.*
- Makes allowance for registered Ondo state actors to feature in the production up to a minimum of 40% of the overall cast and,
- Complies with the scale of fees set out by AGN, ONDO STATE for registered actors
THEREFORE, INTERESTED MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE HEREBY INVITED TO JOIN AS PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS OF AGN, ONDO, VIA THIS GROUP LINK
ACCESS TO REGISTRATION FORMS AND FEES WILL BE GRANTED, TO QUALIFY AS AUTHENTIC AND REGISTERED MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION.